Internal Grant Competitions
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research oversees several internal funding programs. Information about them, including eligibility requirements, guidelines for submitting proposals and lists of previous years’ recipients, is found here. If you have any questions about these programs, please contact Heidi Basgall Favorite, Elizabeth Rapisarda, or Prof. Dennis Hall.
Calls for the 2013-2014 Discovery Grant and Research Scholars Grant programs have now been posted (below).
Discovery Grant Program
The Discovery Grant (DG) program was initiated in 1998 by the Provost’s Office and occurs annually. The PI must be a tenured or tenure-track faculty member in a University Central school or college, although all faculty are eligible to participate in a proposal. The Call for Proposals is issued in September, and the program specifically focuses on providing seed funding for research, to increase its potential to attract external funding.
- 2013-2014 DG Call for Proposals (Word doc) – NEW 9/4/13
- 2013-2014 DG Call for Proposals (form-fillable pdf) – NEW 9/4/13
- Analysis of Discovery Grant Program, 2002-2012 (April 2013) – NEW
- DG Recipients 2000-present UPDATED 5/16/13
- Analysis of Discovery Grant Program, 1999-2007 (September 2007)
Research Scholar Grants Program
The Research Scholar Grants (RSG) program is complementary to the Discovery Grants program and is designed to provide comparable internal funding for research that is unlikely to have extramural funding options available. Like the DG program, the PI must hold a tenured or tenure-track faculty appointment in a University Central school or college.
- 2013-2014 RSG Call for Proposals (Word doc) – NEW 9/4/13
- 2013-2014 RSG Call for Proposals (form-fillable pdf) – NEW 9/4/13
- Analysis of Research Scholar Grants Program, 2003-2012 (April 2013) – NEW
- RSG Recipients 2000-present UPDATED 5/16/13
- Vice Provost Hall’s RSG Memo – August 30, 2010
- Provost Zeppos’s Memo re Conference Support – September 1, 2004