Internal Grant Competitions
The Office of the Provost oversees several internal funding programs. Information about them, including eligibility requirements, guidelines for submitting proposals and lists of previous years’ recipients, is found here. If you have any questions about these programs, please contact Heidi Basgall Favorite or Elizabeth Rapisarda.
Discovery Grant Program
The Discovery Grant (DG) program was initiated in 1998 by the Provost’s Office and occurs annually. The PI must be a tenured or tenure-track faculty member in a University Central school or college, although all faculty are eligible to participate in a proposal. The Call for Proposals is issued in early Fall, and the program specifically focuses on providing seed funding for research, to increase its potential to attract external funding.
- 2015-2016 DGP Call for Proposals (October 2015)
- 2015-2016 DGP Cover Page (form-fillable pdf)
- Analysis of Discovery Grant Program, 2002-2012 (April 2013)
- DG Recipients 2000-present (updated May 2014)
- Analysis of Discovery Grant Program, 1999-2007 (September 2007)
Research Scholar Grants Program
The Research Scholar Grants (RSG) program is complementary to the Discovery Grants program and is designed to provide comparable internal funding for research that is unlikely to have extramural funding options available. Like the DG program, the PI must hold a tenured or tenure-track faculty appointment in a University Central school or college.
- 2015-2016 Call for Proposals (October 2015)
- 2015-2016 RSG Cover Page (form-fillable pdf)
- Analysis of Research Scholar Grants Program, 2003-2012 (April 2013)
- RSG Recipients 2000-present (updated May 2014)
- Vice Provost Hall’s RSG Memo – August 30, 2010
- Provost Zeppos’s Memo re Conference Support – September 1, 2004