Ad-Hoc Research Ramp-up Working Group
Please see the latest message from the Research Ramp-up Working Group on closing the Research Ramp-up Review and Approval Process, effective May 27, 2021.
The Ad-Hoc Research Ramp-up Working Group was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The group developed the Research Ramp-up Principles and Guidance for the university and subsequently created the university’s 4-Phase Research Ramp-up Plan in relation to the university’s overall Return to Campus plan. The group continues to refine these plans and lead their implementation in collaboration with key campus leaders such as the Deans, Vice Chancellor for Administration, and the Provost, as well as other university committees and working groups.
- Richard Chotard, Associate General Counsel, Office of the General Counsel
- Peter Cummings, Associate Dean for Research, Professor of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, John R. Hall Chair in Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering
- Andrea George, Director of VU Environmental Health and Safety, Director of Sustainability and Environmental Management Office
- Ellen Goldring, Executive Associate Dean, Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy, Patricia and Rodes Hart Chair, Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- Jane Hirtle, Senior Research Projects Manager, Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- Duco Jansen, Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Faculty Affairs, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Professor of Neurological Surgery, School of Engineering
- Doug McMahon, Stevenson Professor of Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Science
- Mike Perez, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Facilities Officer, Division of Administration
- Mariann Piano, Nancy and Hilliard Travis Professor of Nursing, Senior Associate Dean for Research, Postdoctoral Fellowship Director, School of Nursing
- Amber Pursley, Director of Research Administration, Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- Padma Raghavan, Vice Provost for Research, Professor of Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Chuck Sanders, Associate Dean for Research, Professor of Biochemistry, Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine – Basic Sciences
- David Wright, Dean of Graduate Education and Research, Professor of Chemistry, Stevenson Chair of Chemistry, Professor of Communication of Science and Technology