Education and Training
Research IT is pleased to begin offering certified Carpentry trainings to the Vanderbilt community in collaboration with the Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education (ACCRE), the Vanderbilt Data Science Institute, and the Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries. Trainings will be offered twice per semester, beginning August 19-20, 2019. Registration will open June of 2019.
- Are you interested in attending? More information about the Carpentries and specialized topics can be found here.
- The bootcamps consist of 4 modules and two full days of intensive training
- All skill levels are welcome
- Schedule a consult to discuss possibilities of hosting a customized carpentry for your research team (15+ trainees needed to run a bootcamp)
- Interested in running a bootcamp but don’t have enough people? Let us know and we can match you up with another research group.
Other Campus Offerings
If the carpentries are not what you are looking for, there are many training programs that can be found around campus. Below we list some of the most popular. Please return back frequently for updated information regarding our efforts to provide more training.
- The Vanderbilt Library Office of Digital Scholarship and Scholarly Communications offers workshops every Friday at 11:10am. They also offer a wide range of weekly working groups. While the topics offered by their workshops vary, the working groups cover XQuery, Tiny Data, and the Semantic Web.
- The Center for Quantitate Sciences offers workshops every third Friday of the month. See the complete schedule here.
- The Vanderbilt Center for Digital Humanities can also help with your humanities related data analysis needs.
- The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical Translation Research offers bootcamps and training for Vanderbilt researchers
- The Department of Biostatistics offers workshops and clinics, supporting a wide range of needs, such as the R Clinic, Biostatistics Clinic, Clinical Research Center workshops, the Center for Quantitative Science workshops, as well as the Statistical Computing Series. Find a complete list of their resources here.
- The Kennedy Center also offers Biostatistics an Bioinformatics education and consultation in experimental design, data collection and storage, analysis, and interpretation of findings
- Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning has a working group that reviews popular techniques for data visualization, for more information contact VIDL.