Foundation Relations in the Office of the Vice Provost for Research serves as a liaison between foundations and the Vanderbilt community to secure foundation grants and awards.
There are many classifications of funders under the general umbrella of private foundations from whom we seek support including public charities, operating foundations, charitable trusts, community foundations, and traditional private and family foundations. Foundations are governed by a board of trustees or directors, who are responsible for ensuring their grantmaking aligns with the mission and vision of the foundation’s founder(s). In general, foundations tend to function in one of two ways – as a scientific/peer-reviewed funder, or as a traditional, private, or family foundation.
With the exception of family foundations, foundation relations matters are supported through the Office of the Vice Provost for Research. Family foundation relations are supported through Development and Alumni Relations.
- Research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of potential foundation opportunities
- Strategic alignment of foundation priorities with faculty members’ strengths
- Communication and proposal writing in all research areas
- Collaboration with teams of researchers to pursue trans-institutional foundation opportunities
Services to Researchers:
- Foundation Relations Proposal Support
- Connecting Faculty with Foundation Sponsors
- Request for Proposals (RFPs)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for foundation relations support.