Research Development & Support (RDS)
The Office of Research Development & Support (RDS) provides support for research activities, including guidance for complying with export control laws and education on best practices for research protocols involving humans or animals. Additionally, RDS supports faculty members through coordination of funding opportunities, strategic development of sponsor relationships, and diversification of funding portfolios.
- Oversees compliance functions including export control, human subjects (IRB), animal care (IACUC), and biological, radiological, and chemical safety.
- Develops programs to enhance federal sponsorship of research and development.
- Builds relationships with sponsors and collaborators across communities.
Services to Researchers:
- Limited Submission Opportunities Management
- Management of Leveraged Proposal and Organization Development (L-POD) for creation of competitive proposals.
- Research Strategy Development
- Export Compliance Guidance
- Guidelines on International Issues
Featured Limited Submission Opportunities: