VU/VUMC Research Activities Guidance
VU research activities:
In addition to reviewing the latest guidance for VU research activities on the main VU Research site, consulting the COVID-19-Related Resources for Working in Research Spaces, please contact the VU Office of the Vice Provost for Research at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about VU research.
VUMC research activities:
See the VUMC coronavirus website for guidance about VUMC research activities, as well as the VUMC Office of Research for information about their separate VUMC research ramp-up plans. For questions or concerns about VUMC research lab operations, please contact the VUMC Office of Research. Contact information for specific VUMC Office of Research team members is available here.
Connections between VU and VUMC research activities:
Many VU-employed PIs collaborate with VUMC-employed PIs and there are several VU and VUMC labs that are located close to each other. To clarify:
- VU employees working in VUMC facilities are eligible to receive “Vaccinated” ID badge stickers. The stickers allow employees to be quickly identified as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and will assist with streamlining business and operational processes, such as for in-person meetings and in non-clinical areas, to quickly identify employees who are fully vaccinated and not required to wear a mask. For more details, please read the MyVUMC article, Occupational Health Clinic vaccine ID badge sticker program to begin June 1.
- For those engaging in research activities at VUMC, please refer to the latest VUMC guidance.
- VU-employed faculty in VUMC leased space will continue to have access to their space and will ramp-up or -down research according to the VU plans as outlined on this website and VU Health and Safety Protocols.
- VUMC-employed faculty in VU leased space will likewise continue to have access to their space and will manage research operations according to VUMC’s evolving guidance.
- The VU research lab operations approach described above applies to VU-employed faculty, VU-employed staff, and graduate and undergraduate students.
- VU and VUMC have separate guidance for managing positive COVID-19 cases. For VU, please refer to the VU Guidance for Managing Confirmed Positive Cases of COVID-19 in Research Spaces, and for VUMC, please refer to the VUMC Guidance on Positive Cases, Coming in Contact with Positive Cases, and Travel.
VU and VUMC are in frequent communication and meeting regularly, and will continue to provide updated guidance to our shared communities to address this rapidly evolving situation.